Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Director of Occupational Integration will oversee the planning, development, promotion, and implementation of cost-effective Occupational Health (OCH) services for both internal and external clients within the Central Region. Supporting the needs of local businesses as well as HHC entities within the region, the Director will ensure timely, appropriate pre-employment and injury care as well as develop positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Ensures that appropriate OCH services are available for both HHC colleagues and external clients, with employees being treated for on the job injuries and providing appropriate referrals to consulting physicians and therapies in a timely manner
- Markets OCH services, oversees client acquisition and management of current clients for occupational health. Manages client expectations and responds in a timely fashion to complaints and concerns
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the department, preparing the annual budget, monitoring monthly expenditures and productivity reports. Supports OCH billing and aged accounts, identifying process improvements to the billing process. Supports Annual assessment of departmental capital needs and develops appropriate budgets, coordinates capital requests submission; is responsible for revenue enhancement initiatives
- Maintains knowledge of latest developments, advancements and trends in OCH through seminars, reading professional journals and participating in professional organizations
- Ensures compliance with CMS, Joint Commission, state and other regulatory bodies. Oversees management of regulatory EOC audits
- Works in collaboration with the OCH Medical Director to ensure services provided are safe, efficient, appropriate and timely
- Uses data and trend analysis to implement opportunities for improvement. Oversees patients and client experience and creates action plans as appropriate.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals and objectives for the department, including business plan development that supports the balances scorecard initiatives for Hartford HealthCare
- Identifies and analyzes the design of work processes and work flows for the department and implements changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that supports the overall goals of the OCH department
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s is preferred
- Three plus years of experience in health care leadership managing process improvement, finance and business operations
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication, presentation, facilitation and computer skills are required
- Demonstrated abilities to successfully lead process change
- Healthcare background preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of performance improvement skill such as Lean, PDSA, Six Sigma
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.