Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40.0 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Some weekends & holidays for special projects. On-call required.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, approximately 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Radiology Engineer Manager
Supports the present and expanding Imaging equipment needs across the HHC System by utilizing engineering and managerial skills in order to improve and advance patient care. Reports to System Director, Biomedical Engineering. Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to manage Imaging device modalities requiring system design, networking, and/or integration with the EMR and PACS.
- Manage Radiology Engineers, Imaging Information Specialist and Biomedical Equipment Technicians across HHC Acute Facilities, offsite HHC HMG Facilities and contracted services at other institutions.
- Performs annual reviews, goal setting, one-on-one monthly meetings with Radiology Biomedical Engineering Team.
- Provides primary and “1st Pass” service to medical imaging technology (i.e., Ultrasound, CT, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, etc.) and other modalities as needed.
- Develops and maintains procedures for capturing relevant equipment and productivity data through departmental and hospital data base systems in order to increase departmental efficiency and to ensure compliance with state, federal and JCAHO regulations.
- Participates in strategic and budgetary planning of medical technology and Lifecycle (pre-purchase evaluations and replacement scheduling) by performing needs assessment, specification analysis, negotiations, site planning, final installation and training to ensure that the appropriate technologies are brought forth and implemented within the organization.
- Reviews and investigates effectiveness of medical equipment service contracts and maintenance insurance programs by applying performance improvement techniques to minimize contracted expenses while providing expanded support for the growing network of HHC
- Investigates medical device related incidents to determine causes and propose/implement preventive measures, training programs and policies to meet regulations and ensure a safe environment.
- Works effectively as a team member with department and across the clinical setting to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age-specific patient needs.
- Will work to develop, implement and monitor; change-release management, configuration management, data and system security and event management.
- Facilitate an effort to train, coach and or mentor department Radiology Engineers to develop their competency.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Biomedical Engineering.
- 10 + years of Imaging service experience, preferably in a hospital environment
- Experience in financial management and planning on a departmental level.
- Experience in technical training, presentations and education.
- Demonstrates effective managerial, communication. Organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Must possess computer literacy and programming and network management experience.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.