St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Special Needs Services is an approved private special education school that serves students from 3-21 who have significant multiple disabilities and complex medical needs. We are currently seeking an Special Education Teacher to manage the daily activities of the assigned class.
Job Summary: Provides special education to students with significant developmental needs.
• Recommends individual goals and objectives that reflect each student’s abilities, needs and interests.
• Develops and implements schedules and lesson plans that focus on student learning.
• Administers and interprets formal and informal students assessments including maintenance, review and interpretation of data on student progress.
• Serves as a member of an Instructional team and is responsible for ensuring that services are individualized, high quality, effective and consistent with current best professional practices.
• Interacts with students in a respectful, encouraging and supportive manner while providing appropriate educational services.
• Provides support and supervision to assigned education assistants and instructional aides.
• Communicates with parents/guardians of students in assigned class.
• Other Duties as assigned
Certification: Certified Teacher specializing in Special Education credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: BA/BS Degree required.
Work Experience: 2 years experience in special education preferred.
Hartford Healthcare provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working with a top-notch organization:
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.