Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare, with a total operating revenue of $4.9B, leverages its unified culture to enhance access, affordability, equity and expertise. Its care-delivery system, with more than 400 locations serving 185 towns and cities, includes two tertiary-level teaching hospitals, an acute-care community teaching hospital, an acute-care hospital and trauma center, three community hospitals, the state’s most extensive behavioral health network, a large multispecialty physician group, a clinical care organization, a regional home care system, Connecticut’s largest array of senior care services, and a comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation network. On average, Hartford HealthCare touches more than 17,000 lives every single day. The unique, system-wide Institute Model offers a unified high standard of care in crucial specialties at hospital and ambulatory sites across Connecticut. The Institutes include Cancer, Heart and Vascular, Ayer Neuroscience, Orthopedics and Tallwood Urology.
The Vice President, Enterprise Applications and Products will lead the continuous evolution and optimization of enterprise-wide applications, and products that serve as the chassis for HHC’s operations. The Vice President will be the catalyst for leading the engine behind the solutions that enable HHC to achieve its mission and vision. The Vice President will be responsible for managing the EHR, Revenue Cycle Management, ERP, Biomed/ Clinical Engineering, and enterprise Product Development and will own both strategic and operational leadership over current offerings, playing a lead role in transitioning the Enterprise Applications and Products team from a traditional “project oriented” mindset to a “product oriented” one. The Vice President will be an astute solution and product-minded architect who will focus on drawing current assets together to develop new or enhanced solutions, as well as identify products in the market that fulfills a solution gap in our current ecosystem.
- Fully participate with the executive management team in the formulation of product capabilities, objectives, and goals in the context of HHC’s mission and vision. Provide input into how product development can enable HHC’s vision of being “Most trusted in personalized coordinated care”
- In collaboration with clinical and business stakeholders, co-create and drive solution/product development for existing and new lines of business, growth of current service lines and HHC strategic imperatives
- Anticipate the evolution of future application and product needs by maintaining a forward-thinking orientation and a “product oriented” mindset
- Create “Fusion Teams” to coordinate and solidify collaboration and co-creation among IT and its various stakeholders by breaking down barriers and working across traditional organizational structures
- Promote development, QA, DevSecOps best practices across a matrixed organization
- Responsible for enterprise application vision and strategy – create a clear, convincing application and product strategy that aligns to business priorities and objectives
- Utilize existing Enterprise Applications and technologies to deliver best in class products dedicated to furthering the mission and vision of HHC. Optimize application Ecosystem by recommending consolidations, replacements, or eliminations
- Cultivate relationships within the IT Organization as well as various stakeholders within HHC to ensure appropriate applications/products are providing proper solutions to business/patients
- Support the creation of the product road map in collaboration with the Product Line Executive, Product Management team, and with other leaders
- Collaborate with revenue cycle operations team and apply market research to develop requirements that support strategy and product roadmap for Hartford HealthCare.
- Prioritize features in an Agile and DevSecOps framework
- Leverage Human Centered Design principles as well as lens of equity and inclusion when developing solutions or optimizing products for the enterprise
- Manage vendors responsible for Third Party Applications with proven record of successfully negotiating vendor agreements
- Prepare and manage the budget planning and spending of multiple application teams, ensuring resource availability in line with the product roadmap commitments
- Work closely with customers and Operations to address escalations and understand critical items which must be considered during the SDLC
- Identify opportunities to maximize value of ERP investment and create plan to implement suggested improvements
- Report the status of projects and any deviations from stated timelines or quality. Highlight and (where possible) mitigate all potential risks, operational failures, time constraint problems, and extraordinary events that will negatively impact business
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of math, science, engineering, design, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- Fifteen plus years of experience leading Enterprise level applications, especially in a healthcare system setting, is required
- Experience as a senior product manager, GM, executive, preferable in a vendor environment
- Experience managing the full product management lifecycle including specification, development, test, and validation using Agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience in Human Centered Design
- Experience in managing teams working under a Product Development Lifecycle (PLC) and Development Lifecycle (DLC).
- Experience delivering in Hybrid Cloud, IaaS, and PaaS environments, including architecture for cloud and migration of legacy applications to cloud.
- Some architectural leadership experience with knowledge of Enterprise solution architectural considerations
- Working knowledge of data privacy and information security considerations
- Healthcare experience preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.