Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Department of Psychology at the Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital is pleased to announce a position opening for an Assistant Training Director of the IOL’s APA-approved predoctoral psychology internship and postdoctoral fellowship programs. The Assistant Training Director reports to, and collaborates with, the Director of Psychology and Training, while also indirectly reporting to the Chair of Psychiatry. The role has administrative, educational, scholarship, and clinical responsibilities.
The Assistant Training Director is responsible for maintaining and modifying the overall mission and aims of the Psychology Training Program, upholding program accreditation, maintenance and improvement of the Program in accordance with APA standards of accreditation, and implementation of best educational practices and enhancements which stem from the unique capacities at the IOL/HH. The Assistant Training Director will maintain, improve, develop and participate in the program’s educational, administrative, and scholarship efforts in collaboration with the faculty across educational sites and in collaboration with other departments in which Psychology trainees rotate. This individual will also be expected to provide clinical services in one or more IOL patient care settings, preferably providing consultation within the IOL’s inpatient psychiatric hospital. However, the specific setting for clinical service delivery may be flexible.
1. Leads key activities of the internship and post-doctoral fellowship programs including trainee recruitment and selection, trainee orientation, curriculum review and annual program evaluation, mentorship of trainees and supervisors, trainee evaluation and remediation, contact with doctoral programs, and others activities as indicated.
2. Supervises, mentors, teaches department trainees. Utilizes conflict resolution and corrective action as needed. Collaborates with Director of Psychology and Training regarding performance issues in supervisory staff.
3. Participates in the selection and oversight/coaching of training program supervisors and provides opportunities for development.
4. Develops collaborations with clinical programs in which trainees work.
5. Participates in intern and fellow educational activities.
6. Oversees all training program data collection procedures in accordance with APA standards of accreditation.
7. Works with Director of Psychology and Training and Chair of Psychiatry to review structural aspects of training program and makes revisions in accordance with strategic and operational needs.
8. Prepares and periodically reviews and revises program documents (i.e., policies, procedures, brochures, evaluations).
9. Actively engages with the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) and stays current with current resources/recommendations and emerging trends. Regularly updates APA, APPIC, and IOL directories and websites relevant to the Department of Psychology training programs.
10. Responsible for preparation of all American Psychological Association accreditation materials and for regular review of program components to ensure compliance with APA standards of accreditation.
11. Participates in education committees, including but not limited to, the IOL Education Council.
Provides clinical care and trainee supervision in one or more IOL clinical settings
At the Institute of Living (IOL), diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the core of who we are. We are dedicated to fostering an environment of inclusivity that recognizes and embraces diversity in all its forms. All members of the IOL community strive to deliver health care that respects individual dignity and dismantles the inequities entrenched in our health care systems. We are committed to the equitable treatment for our workforce, clients and their families, students and learners, and communities served. We apply this aim to all people, embracing diverse backgrounds, identities, and lived experiences.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, the Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.