Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
REMOTE WORK OPPORTUNITY
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Ensures complete, accurate, and timely charge capture. Develops, oversee, and maintains Epic revenue cycle systems, as well as other billing processes and systems to effectively meet established charge capture goals and service standards to ensure organizational success. Responsible for developing reporting and other analytics to identify opportunities or problems, process improvements, and other system changes that will enhance revenue cycle and charging metrics. Maintains provider fee schedules and charge capture through annual updates, periodic audits, and ongoing review.
- Develop and continually monitor charge capture edit workqueues, workflows, and staff productivity standards to ensure timely, accurate, and complete billing of services. Monitor and review charge capture metrics, identifies opportunities to make improvements, and suggests and implement solutions.
- Meet with practices and clinical departments to ensure all billable items and services are priced through the fee schedule(s) and Epic Chargeable EAPs/charges, utilizing standard pricing methodology. Ensures items are described, coded, priced appropriately, and are representative of services provided.
- Serves as an initial support resource to resolve simple and moderately complex charge capture or entry problems. Provides simple technical direction for effective implementation of solutions.
- Functions as a team member for revenue integrity projects or portions of projects of small to moderate size, scope, and duration to ensure project activities are complete. Understands and complies with basic concepts of system change management.
- Review and submit charge changes to the Fee Schedule Maintenance functional area, including changes in the charge description, CPT/HCPCS, or modifiers based on payor specific billing rules. Analyzes the fee schedule and billing system to identify opportunities for optimal revenue capture and to incorporate standardized workflows
- Ensure staff meets customer expectations and institutional charge capture goals while maintaining required billing compliance standards. Communicate charge capture metrics to physicians and Department Administrators.
- Monitors charge capture performance following facility, department, or new service line go-lives.
- Develop and implement evaluation tools to monitor, analyze, and report on charge capture metrics such as charge lag and charge flow, missing charges. Report any issues which impact these metrics to Revenue Integrity and Revenue Cycle leadership
- Oversees the review of data with relevant departments regarding any incorrect or unusual circumstances that are resulting in WQ’s, problems, anomalies, or reduced charges.
- Serves as a resource in developing and documenting routine custom billing system tests, builds, and enhancements that will improve maintenance and/or prevent billing errors; and performs lower complexity analysis and coordinates workflow implementations. Gains and maintains up-to-date job knowledge through professional reading and conference and seminar attendance to ensure application of latest technology and processes to projects.
- Standardize and support the Charge Owner Revenue Accountability (CORA) training and support in consultation with CareConnect. Responsible for updating and maintaining the CORA dashboard within Epic. Monitor open encounters and provide feedback to departments when thresholds are not met.
Minimum Education: Associates Degree in business or health care field or equivalent work experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years of professional revenue cycle, clinical or financial analysis experience
Preferred Experience: Epic Resolute professional billing
Minimum Licensure, Certification, Registration: CPC or CCS-P Required
Preferred Licensure, Certification, Registration: Proficiency in Resolute Professional Billing Charge Capture
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret statistical reports and perform quantitative analysis.
- Skill in effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Skill in problem-solving in a variety of settings and translation of data into actionable steps.
- Skill in time management and project management.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret, analyze, and apply complex regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to operate a computer and related applications.
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Excel skills are highly suggested
- Driven to learn and able to gain knowledge of clinical and business structures of a complex, integrated healthcare delivery system.
- Strong computer skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.