Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
32 Job Shift:
Shift 2 Shift Details:
Lead Patient Dining Associate Role
Rotating Weekends 11:15am-7:45pm. Rotating Holidays.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Responsible for patient food service on assigned units including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, stocking patients units where needed, and fulfills special requests in-between meal food delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current information for each patient on their assigned unit. Conducts patient food service including menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, stocking units where needed, and fulfills special requests in-between meal food delivery.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to meal service while complying with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Interacts with Nursing to ensure patients’ diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients’ food needs are met.
- After trays are passed, completes rounding to check on patients and address any additional needs. Retrieves trays from patients once meal is done.
- May assist dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. May need to exhibit ability to compute ratio, and percent.
- Possesses necessary skills to effectively operate hospital’s admission, discharge and transfer (ADT) system and other computer-based systems, which manage patient-care records.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years of customer service preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.