Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Manages the daily operations of assigned area and/or programs.
- Assists with developing specific goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Assesses quality of patient care and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of residential program team, including ensuring all documentation of resident progress is completed appropriately and timely.
- Develops and oversees staff coverage schedules.
- Represents Community Residential Services at community agency and committee meetings.
- Responds to critical/emergency residential incidents on a 24-hour on call basis as scheduled. Performs crisis intervention including assessment/coordination for care during emergency incidents.
- Supervises the implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Bachelors Degree Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related field combined with 3 years relevant work experience. Masters Degree in Social Work or other related health/social services preferred.
- Previous administrative/management experience.
- Previous experience in grant funded programs.
- Previous experience in working with community based programs for persons with serious psychiatric and addiction disorders.
- Experience in working with the homeless required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.