Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
M, T, Friday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.Position Summary:
A Health Information Associate is responsible for technical tasks in the Medical Record Department; functions in a data capture and monitoring capacity in any area of the Department to assure the integrity, confidentiality, and appropriate content of medical records and health information. A Health Information Associate provides direct customer service.
- Run the daily discharge list from EPIC. Reconcile all medical records received on the list of discharges from the previous day.
- Reconcile all patient information with the documents received. Remove any documents that do not belong to the identified patient(s).
- Prepare discharged records according to HHC system standards for the scanning.
- Scan all prepped legal medical record documents according to established procedures.
- Indexes all scanned documents
- Quality control all scanned documents prior to releasing to the patients legal medical record.
- Able to preform all duties at the expected production and quality standards.
- Assist with failed fax queue across the system as needed.
- Provides support with the Death Desk according to State guidelines as needed.
- Provides document correction support as needed.
We take great care of careers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Computer skills or courses in secretarial/clerical sciences, or medical record technology desired.
- Minimum of one year of clerical experience in a hospital setting is required.
- Experience in a medical record office preferred.
- Customer service skills or training in customer relations preferred.
- Medical terminology training preferred.
- Experience dealing with the public preferred. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.