Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
Responsible for providing patients referred to cardiac rehabilitation services in the outpatient settings with supervised exercise and progressive mobilization, education regarding disease and disease management, lifestyle modification, and psycho-social support. The Cardiovascular Exercise Specialist uses an understanding of the principles of growth and development to assess the patient’s age specific needs and age specific treatments and care.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Conducts thorough assessments of outpatients referred to cardiac rehabilitation services and assesses appropriately for participation in therapies
2. Develops appropriate and comprehensive treatment plans specific to patient needs, including education, exercise, behavior change, and counseling
3. Supervises exercise, monitors responses, and directs care accordingly.
4. Monitors patient/participant progress and communicates/ coordinates care and directs care accordingly among health care disciplines/providers.
5. Provides patient education to individuals/groups in a clear, well organized fashion.
6. Documents treatments completely and succinctly in patient charts, reports noteworthy findings to appropriate health care providers.
7. Maintains accurate patient program data and assists in outcomes measurement/management
8. Maintains organizational/administrative protocols.
9. Assists in planning/developing of program curriculum, and assists in the development of program policies and practices.
10. Serves as program advocate, promoting cardiac rehabilitation services to the medical and lay communities.
Education: BS in Exercise physiology
Master’s degree in clinical exercise physiology preferred
Current certification through American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP) and/or CES: Preferred
Cardiac Rehab Experience Preferred
Epic-EMR Knowledge Preferred
EKG interpretation required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.