Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network (HHCRN) is the premier rehabilitation provider in Connecticut. We provide rehabilitation services across the continuum - acute care hospitals, long term care facilities, sub-acute rehabilitation, homecare, outpatient centers, and in community settings such as senior centers, work sites, and schools and colleges. We offer over 30 outpatient locations with a variety of specialists, including oncology, women’s health, sports medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language, we are known for our commitment to high quality, customer focused outcomes.
The Clinical Coordinator supervises the clinical staff and rehab practice operations within our Hartford Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) office. This includes work flow, service delivery and employee performance in addition to the following responsibilities:
- Serves as primary resource to clinical staff on clinical matters including, but not limited to: patient flow, office operations, customer service, health insurance, billing/coding requirements, and EMR functionality and utilization.
- Assists the medical staff in organizing and triaging care by accurately relaying pertinent patient information, adjusting the patient schedule as needed, scheduling and coordinating urgent care with other resources within practices and releasing health information in accordance with HIPPA requirements.
- Ensures that all staff members communicate and interact with patients in a courteous, respectful, and businesslike manner. Holds staff accountable for customer service standards; intercedes and takes appropriate action when incidents occur. Ensure that all staff members comply with HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains and adjust staff schedules to compliment practice provider schedules.
- Assists the Practice Manager in developing and maintaining departmental budgets.
- Communicates with staff regarding new policies and procedures, changes in billing and insurance policies, and any other issues related to the operation of the practice.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory standards.
- Acts as a liaison regarding daily operations and staff communication.
- Promotes teamwork within the practice through timely and collaborative communication with medical staff. Conducts monthly staff meetings to discuss issues, concerns, improvement initiatives, and promote teamwork.\
- Orients new hires and provides on-going training and education to staff, utilizing in-house documented office and clinical policies and procedures.
- Maintains office equipment, orders supplies, and maintains inventories. Insure that all work areas are organized and that all areas(especially patient care area) are cleaned and maintained.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all office functions and provides direct support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned by the Practice Manager.
As one of the largest rehabilitation providers in the state, HHCRN offers a team-oriented structure, a comprehensive continuing education program, an excellent benefits package along with Special Interest Groups that assist with evidence based clinical knowledge, growth opportunities and support within the organization.
• Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Flexible scheduling
• Medical and dental benefits
• 401K with excellent company match
• Company paid short term and long term disability insurance
• Continuing education and tuition reimbursement
We believe in high standards. These standards allow us to bring out the very best in our clients and our staff.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.