New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Under the supervision and direction of the Pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician assists in performing pharmaceutical functions which include unit dose dispensing, I.V. additive preparation and other related procedures that require knowledge of pharmaceutical terminology. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
• Performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles, entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill lists
• Fills unit dose carts accurately and according to computerized lists
• Exchanges unit dose carts, including transfer of bulk items.
• Restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and follow through.
• Fills emergency boxes and stat boxes, including documentation, expiration date checking and follow through.
• Conducts patient care unit inspections
• Performs technical pharmaceutical functions related to the purchasing, receiving and distribution of drugs.
• Insures all medications are packaged with a bar code compatible with existing Pharmacy bar code technology
• Prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
• Participates in the training and orientation of new Pharmacy personnel
• Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, prepares sterile products, intravenous admixtures, and chemotherapeutic agents.
• Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
High School diploma or equivalent.
License and Certification:
Pharmacy Technician Certification (within 3months of hire) or enrollment in a Pre-Pharmacy/Pharmacy college program
Must be A Registered Pharmacy Technician with the CT Department of Consumer protection within 30 days of hire.
At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.