Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Monday & Friday 8:30a-5p and every other weekend 7:30a-4p
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.Department Overview:
Our full-service Emergency Department (ED) at MidState Medical Center treats over 56,000 patients every year with conditions ranging from major trauma, heart attacks and stroke to more minor illness. Supported by experienced, board certified physicians and specially-trained nurses and staff, we pride ourselves in caring for all your emergency medical needs. We are equipped to handle all types of illnesses and injuries, including life –threatening emergencies.
- Registers/admits patients, obtains, validates and inputs demographics and financial information.
- Verifies payer information and eligibility benefits, provides assistance in financial applications.
- Obtains proper information and signatures on releases/forms.
- Prioritizes patient flow, obtains co-pays and deductibles.
- Constant interaction with patients, families, payers and clinical areas.
- Scanning, heavy phone contact and works various reports.
- High School diploma required. Additional higher education preferred
- Two years experience in hospital medical or insurance billing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Professional customer service skills.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.