Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Founded in 1901, Hartford HealthCare at Home is a not-for-profit community-based home health and hospice organization serving Connecticut residents in Hartford, Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex, New London, New Haven, Tolland and Windham counties. Hartford HealthCare at Home fulfills its mission by enabling individuals to achieve maximum independence, to participate in their own plan of care, and to live with dignity while receiving quality care in their own homes.
The Director of Hospice will provide leadership and strategic direction of the clinical service delivery for the West Region ensuring that the care provided is of the highest clinical and service quality and provided in a financially responsible manner.
- Develops, implements and evaluates program services, including the IV program, in response to community needs and the Hospice Care program goals and objectives in alignment with the organization’s strategic direction
- Defines and monitors professional standards to insure clinical excellence in meeting program goals based on qualitative and quantitative benchmarks
- Works with senior leaders to develop and execute a strategic plan in a manner that fosters an organizational culture based on effective clinical leadership and high performing teams accountable for organization’s goals and objectives
- Insures appropriate resource utilization to meet client and community health care needs
- Anticipates resource needs, sets priorities and allocates human and financial resources based on critical performance indicators
- Maintains compliance with licensure and regulatory standards, Medicare certification and accrediting bodies
- Utilizes statistical and financial data to support managerial decisions related to the programs
- Prepares, implements and manages the budget
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with community providers, agencies, organizations and city and state legislative groups
- Oversees the development and implementation of patient/family satisfaction and customer service strategies as measured by CAHPS and quality Star ratings for home care and hospice
- Counsels and supports managers in achieving unified goals and objectives
- Participates in and coordinates program grants, fund raising and marketing
- Institutes and maintains appropriate contracts to meet program goals. Identifies and participates in contractual requirements for the programs and manages contracts for performance and cost effectiveness
- Assumes an active role in the professional development of assigned staff, including participation in orientation, ongoing skill development and other mentoring activities
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing and proper staff development/education for quality care delivery. In conjunction with Human Resources, participates in staff recruitment, selection and performance evaluation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required. Master’s Degree in Nursing or Health Care Management is preferred
- Current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- Eight plus years home care experience, four years of which were Hospice leadership experience
- Ability to relate well with staff, community or individuals with a life limiting illness and their families during a stressful period
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization and share knowledge, ideas and information
- Proactively manages change to minimize resistance, maximize engagement and shift individuals and team from current state to future state
- Highly effective analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong communications skills required - both written and verbal
- A creative, forward thinking leader with the proven ability to engage, coach and mentor direct reports, colleagues and other key stakeholders
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.