Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
32 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.Job Summary
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the new State of the art Bone and Joint Institute at Hartford Hospital. The first new stand-alone Orthopedic Hospital in the Northeast in over 50 years! Our Mission is to be acknowledged as the regional leader in patient-centered, innovative musculoskeletal care, providing cutting edge care to patients in Connecticut and surrounding states. We are seeking dedicated, passionate individuals who would like the opportunity to be part of a team with a patient-centered approach, which brings decades of experience to providing this innovative musculoskeletal care. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a stimulating work environment that inspires excellence.
As an Assistant Nurse Manager in the Bone & Joint Institute your primary responsibilities are listed below:
• Supervises a work group to ensure that a high quality, cost-effective product or service is delivered in support of the hospital's strategic plan, and the function's goals and objectives.
• Models the effective, efficient operation of the unit by scheduling and assigning work, resolving processing problems, collecting data to monitor progress, and carrying an assigned workload or filling in as necessary.
• Continually strives to improve quality and productivity by identifying improvement opportunities, and recommending and implementing changes.
• Uses resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the goals and objectives of the work group within established budgets by recommending budget expenditures , monitoring progress, and shifting resources to meet changing need.
• Implements and monitors departmental goals and objectives for the work group, that align with the strategic direction of the organization, by analyzing needs and developing recommendations.
• Implements individual performance expectations; coaches, develops, and provides input to performance evaluations to enable employees to be successful in contributing to the achievement of individual and work group objectives.
• Maintains effective, positive customer service relationships by responding to customer needs, resolving conflicts, and educating employees on customer service.
• Effectively and continually communicates with the staff, management, and customers to facilitate the flow of information necessary to the success of the employees and the work group.
• Actively seeks opportunities to model teamwork through collaboration both within and outside the work group in support of the organization's objectives.
• Assumes responsibility for self-improvement, in collaboration with superior, by identifying, communicating and seeking resources or instruction/validation to meet own learning needs, and is self-directed in maintaining currency of validations.
• May contribute to the outcomes of the defined function by performing the work of the function as required.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, and Geriatrics).
• Current Connecticut RN License.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing school (BSN required).
• BLS certification by the American Heart Association and proof of Arrhythmia Certification required prior to date of hire.
• Strong Communications skills required
• Prior leadership experience and/or committee work preferred
• Specialty certification preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.