St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Seeking an exceptional Women's Health Nurse Manager to lead the Family Birthing Center and NICU departments. The candidate should be an experienced, well respected clinician with the ability to build a strong team and support service line growth. This leader should have exceptional organizational and communication skills as well as the proven ability to collaborate with providers and the multidisciplinary team to drive toward excellent outcomes in a Magnet organization. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the management of the OB/NICU units, ensuring that optimum patient care is provided by staff members in an efficient and cost effective manner. The manager has 24-hour accountability for the exercise of these responsibilities in accord with the philosophy and objectives of the Division of Patient Care Services and the goals of the Medical Center.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements.
• Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
• Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
• Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
• Collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Leader and Staff Development Department to develop programs designed to assist the staff nurse in the progression of novice to expert in the practice of nursing.
• Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and services. Evaluates factors related to safety, outcomes, effectiveness, cost and social impact when developing and implementing practice innovations.
• Provides leadership and direction to nursing unit staff and has 24 hour accountability ensuring all quality, financial, and service benchmarks as well as compliance with environmental care standards are met.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Reports To: Director Women's Health/Inpatient Surgical Service
Experience: Five or more years of related clinical experience, management experience preferred
Education: BSN Required, MSN Preferred. Must have two years related clinical experience as well as demonstrated leadership experience.
* 10,000 Sign on Bonus
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.