Institute of Living
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in the U.S., remains one of America’s leading not-for-profit centers for patient care, research and education in the fields of behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients and their families with the highest quality of personalized care. Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults struggling with mental illness as well as offering services specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric Services.
Provides assessment of clients' appropriateness for a residential living facility in cooperation with the program manager by reviewing written referral material and/or personal interview with potential clients and families. Counsels assigned clients to provide skills of community living and life management. Observes residents in their self-administration of medication. Collaborates with other program staff by attending departmental meetings to promote optimum client care. Transports clients as needed to necessary appointments. May provide and or assist in food preparation and cleanliness of the program. Reports to: Program Manager
• Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field required.
• CPR Certification required.
• Current Connecticut Driver’s License required.
• Public Service License required or obtained within 90 days of hire date.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience with a psychiatric population.
• Required annual education: courses through Performance Development Center/Healthstream/ Elearning and Crisis Intervention training.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We take great care of careers.
As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally located urban community:
• Medical and dental benefits
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire
• Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
• Historic park-like grounds designed by Frederick Law Ohlmsted.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.