St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Prepares food in compliance with guidelines and standardized recipes.
• Will be required to rotate shifts as needed
• Reviews menu and special orders to determine types and quantities of food items to be prepared.
• Prepares food in accordance with standardized recipes.
• Follows cooking schedule to ensure food will be ready at specified times. Confers with chef regarding modified diet preparation and use of leftovers.
• Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines in the storage, handling and preparation of food as well as in the sanitation and maintenance of work area.
• Operate all equipment used in a safe manner.
• Ensures temperatures are monitored for safe food service and take corrective action when needed.
• Ensures stations are stocked to prevent running out of items.
• Responsible for proper preparation and food planning to optimize holding temperature and ease of services.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Must read, write and speak English fluently.• Culinary Certification of Accreditation preferred.
• QFO (Qualified Food Operator Certificate) preferred or required within six months of employment.
• Minimum 2 years experience as a cook in a large volume institution preferred.
• Ability to read, speak English and follow recipes in a cost effective manner.
• Basic Math skills.
• Ability to operate institutional kitchen equipment.
• Quantity production experience preferred.
• Ability to tolerate lifting, pushing and pulling up to 80 pounds and long term standing.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment