New Britain General
New Britain, CT
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
We’re currently seeking a per diem Physical Therapist (PT) to join our inpatient, acute care team. Flexible scheduling, minimum of 2 weekend days per month, 1 holiday per year.
The Physical Therapist (PT) independently evaluates, determines treatment strategies, delivers and/or delegates services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain, with emphasis on physical dysfunction. This role encompasses evaluation skills and techniques, analysis of patients, and therapeutic application of physical and chemical agents, exercise and other procedures to maximize the patient's functional independence. Evaluation involves strength, motor control, joint mobility, soft tissue integrity, pain, balance, coordination, posture, cardiopulmonary function, endurance, gait and functional abilities in activities of daily living. Reporting structure is dependent upon the site in which the staff member is assigned.
As one of the largest rehabilitation providers in the state, Hartford HealthCare Rehabilitation Network offers a team-oriented structure, an excellent benefits package along with Special Interest Groups that assist with evidence based clinical knowledge, growth opportunities and support within the organization!
• Flexible scheduling & competitive pay
• 401K with company match
• Clinical specialty and senior clinician opportunities
We believe in high standards. These standards allow us to bring out the very best in our clients and our staff.
• PT experience highly preferred.
• BS, MS or DPT in Physical Therapy from an accredited American Physical Therapy Association Program.
• Current licensure in the state of CT as a Physical Therapist.
Critical Success Factors
• Experience in an inpatient acute care setting preferred.
• Strong focus on patient satisfaction.
• Ability to work will within a team.
• Excellent customer services skills.
• Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal direction.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in analyzing facts and circumstances to determine plan of action to follow within the limits of accepted physical therapy practice.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.