Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
support to patients and customers in an outpatient clinic and/or medical office
• Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary
documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
• Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes
medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
• Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily.
Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for
• Provides general office and clerical support to assigned out-patient/medical
• Understanding of different insurance carriers and plans. Obtains financial and
communicates financial obligation to patients.
• Accurate data entry skills and proficiency with PC.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Manage claims holding due to coding or registration errors.
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Relevant experience in a fast-paced medical office highly preferred.
• Epic experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in other
languages highly desirable.
• Strong computer skills. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Basic working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to travel independently to satellite offices with or without advanced
• Strong working knowledge of insurance requirements.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.