Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
• Provides basic clinical care to clinic patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
• Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
• Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
• Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
• Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
• Oversee clinical quality initiatives are current; assist with closing care gaps.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
• Maintains safe clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Carries our orders under the direction of the physician.
• Works collaboratively with Practice Healthcare Team.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
• 5 years of medical office experience preferred.
Current Connecticut Licensed Practical Nurse license required. Previous experience in Medical/Surgical Office setting preferred. Specialization and/or specific work experience may be required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.