Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Brownstone Building OPD Dental program is dedicated to providing comprehensive Dental Hygiene care, General Dentistry and Oral Maximal Facial Surgical treatments. Staffing includes full time and part time dentists, dental surgeons, and residents in training as well as dental hygienists and dental assistants. A high standard of excellence in personalized dental care enables us to provide exceptional dental services for our patients. We offer a full range of services that are offered Monday thru Friday 8:15am-4:30PM.
Services include the following:
General Dentistry (for both adults & kids), Dental Cleanings & Exams, Cosmetic Dentistry, Crowns & Bridges, Fillings, Root Canal Therapy, Extractions, Bonding, Fluoride Treatment, Teeth Whitening, Dental Implants, Dentures, and Periodontal treatments.
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties with in scope of practice for state of CT.
• Provide support to dentists, surgeons and staff as needed
• Prepare examination and surgical rooms by maintaining instruments and equipment
• Assist in updating and maintaining client dental records.
• Offer patients advice and materials necessary to maintain good dental health
• Maintain a surgically clean work environment.
• Assist chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients. (Four Handed Dentistry)
• Support patients, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
• Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• Disinfect instruments and equipment for Central Sterile, prepare trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
• Prepare materials for impressions and restorations,
• Complete dental x rays, and process x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
• Transport Patients
• Clerical Duties include: assists with office duties schedule and confirm appointments, receive patients, keep treatment records, and order dental supplies and materials.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Successful completion of Dental Assisting Training Program.
Current Certified Dental Assistant Certification approved by state of CT. Must maintain annual continuing education as per the CDA certificate requirements.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.