Job Schedule: Per Diem Standard Hours: 1 Job Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: rotating shifts between days, evenings, and nights
SIGN-ON BONUS OFFERED!!!
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Promote safe care for patients undergoing operative and other invasive procedures through evidence based practices as the RN Circulator.
• Provides support to the surgical team for maintaining a high level of sterility.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure
Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure continuity of care
Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns
Prepare the operating room for surgery (supplies, implants, instruments, equipment)
Check equipment & troubleshoot as needed
Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
Position and prepare patient on operating table
Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
Adhere to safety standards and precautions
Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation when scrubbed
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associate degree required, BSN preferred and Two years of Medical-Surgical
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.