St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Performs a variety of environmental services to maintain assigned areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• Cleans patient rooms or other assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, changing bed linens and sanitizing all surfaces.
• Follows policies and procedures on patient isolation or other special situations in accordance with facility standards.
• Stocks paper items and other supplies in assigned areas as necessary or designated.
• Maintains supplies and/or equipment in clean, and working condition.
• Observes and reports the general need to repairs to equipment, furniture, building and/or fixtures.
• Understands oral instructions and follows printed label instructions in English.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• None Required obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• None required.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.