Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Performs, interprets, and correlates cytogenetic tests by following protocols to assist in physician diagnosis and treatment. Expected to utilize complex problem solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems.
1. Performs laboratory testing in an accurate and timely manner by following established protocols in order to assist in appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
2. Interprets and correlates cytogenetic testing results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken. Expected to utilize complex problem solving skills in resolving clinical and instrument problems.
3. Complies with OSHA and regulatory requirements by following established procedures in order to maintain a safe laboratory environment and to meet accreditation standards.
4. May provide technical education and guidance to students and staff by overseeing work performance in support of educational programs resulting in a continuous learning environment.
5. Works effectively as a team member within the department and with other units to provide quality service through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
6. Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, Geriatrics.).
7. Maintains flexibility required to adapt to laboratory needs as related to testing and scheduling.
8. Demonstrate organizational commitment. Participate in developing ideas to improve phlebotomy operations, policies and procedures and HH business goals. Participates in projects, as assigned. Actively promotes HH Values.
9. Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times. Consistently demonstrates flexibility and good judgment when making decisions. Confer with coworkers and supervisor as necessary.
10. Complete all required training and competencies on time.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
12. Engaged in LDM by actively and positively participating in daily huddles to improve processes, patient care, quality and satisfaction from identification of the areas for improvement to resolution.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate science program from an accredited college or university
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.