St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, more than 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Assists with basic patient care activities.
• Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
• Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
• Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to population specific facilitating timely and individualized care of assigned patients
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to appropriate patient population.
• Adheres to organizational safety practices and standards
• Other Duties as assigned
• Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving, transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to specified essential job duties. Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure, have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV) fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 % sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
High school graduate or equivalent
Effective communication skills
Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English, and perform basic Mathematics
CPR validation within 3 months of hire
Physical effort as specified by Position Physical Requirements and Occupational Exposure form
Specific certification as designated by work area may be required.
Certification as nursing assistant (CNA)
Matriculation in a nursing program
Completion of education in a related health field (i.e. medical assistant program, EMT certification, etc.)
Previous patient care experience; specific experience as designated by work area maybe required
Demonstrated competencies in a related field at Hartford Hospital.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.