Charlotte Hungerford Hospital
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The incumbents of this position, under direct supervision of a registered nurse, are responsible for performing specified tasks related to the care and well being of psychiatric patients. These responsibilities may include but are not limited to: processing the initial phase of a patient’s admission; assessing, intervening and documenting on a specific group of patients; providing educational groups; assisting in daily living activities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physicians, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age specific patient needs for comfort, privacy, and generalized care. Incumbents of this position will annually complete the attached competency requirements specific to this area of responsibility.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
1. Participates in the admission of a patient by completing psychiatric technician checklist, which includes vital signs, height/weight, and safety check of person and belongings, and valuables identification/login. Completion of these tasks requires the incumbent(s) to interface with patients, family, other involved parties, and employees of the hospital. In performing these duties and responsibilities, effective customer service and public relations and the protection of confidential information are of the highest importance. Organizational skills and work prioritization provide prompt and efficient service.
2. Recognizes psychiatric symptoms related to diagnosis/presentation. Responsible for performing a number of routine functions related to the care and well-being of the patients, including but not limited to, assisting patients with daily living activities such as feeding, dressing, cleaning and grooming, answering call bells and reporting relevant information to nursing staff.
3. Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and appropriate documentation of relevant patient information. This includes immediate notification of unexpected patient changes to appropriate nursing staff for interpretation.
4. Identifies and maintains therapeutic staff/patient boundaries.
5. Prepares and presents educational groups to unit patients.
6. May assist in the application of restraints as directed by registered nurse.
7. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to stay current on the latest trends related to position. Participates in staff meetings, educational programs and in-service meetings to maintain competencies.
8. Complies with hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, attendance, sexual harassment, dress code, corporate compliance, confidentiality and others.
Associate degree in Human Services field with 1-3 year’s experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Psychology or related field.
Experience preferred in a psychiatric setting.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.