Hartford HealthCare Medical Group Specialists
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
• Provides basic clinical care to clinic patients under the direction of a registered
nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
• Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a
Registered Nurse (RN).
• Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to
medications or treatments.
• Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
• Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care
post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
• Oversee clinical quality initiatives are current; assist with closing care gaps.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and families.
• Maintains safe clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules
• Carries our orders under the direction of the physician.
• Works collaboratively with Practice Healthcare Team.
• Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
• 5 years of medical office experience preferred.
Current Connecticut Licensed Practical Nurse license required. Previous experience in Medical/Surgical Office setting preferred. Specialization and/or specific work experience may be required.
We take great care of careers.