Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical practices in New England with multiple locations throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different specialties.
This job is Monday-Friday, no weekend or holiday, or night/call obligations. Travel to satellite offices within the Hartford region will be required.
We are seeking a registered nurse to join our nursing team in an outpatient General Surgery office. Practice specializes in minimally invasive, complex hernia and hepatobiliary surgery. Serve as an integral part of the clinical team which includes 6 surgeons and 3 advanced practice providers. Primary responsibilities include pre and postoperative care including education, phone triage and direct patient care. You will have extensive provider guidance and support.
• Triages patient telephone calls and displays the ability to initiate appropriate nursing intervention in prompt, precise, and professional manner under supervision
• Provides preoperative and postoperative educational information to patients and their families
• Opportunities for office-based nursing care in collaboration with provider : post-operative care, assisting with complex abdominal wounds and support with in-office procedures
• Communicates with providers regarding patient needs, nursing assessments and recommendations
• Reviews patient records and assists in management of clinical schedule
• Under direction of provider, assist with orders, prescriptions and documents patient’s response to pertinent medications
• Documents accurate and ongoing assessment of patient’s needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, progress toward goals, and response to care
• Current state of Connecticut RN license and current CPR certification
• Previous medical/surgical experience preferred
• Knowledge and skills in wound care and sterile technique desirable
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Highly organized with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize competing tasks
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of common computer applications and electronic medical records recommended
• Ability to communicate in other languages is a plus
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.