Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and
communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members
of the healthcare team.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to
identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in
order to provide individualized care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their
level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to
maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds. Demonstrates knowledge
of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input to meet desired
outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2010), ANA Code of
Ethics (2010), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2008).
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of care.
• Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• One or more of the following:
• Certified Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job
• Certified Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred and Critical care
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.