Hartford HealthCare Senior Services at The Orchards
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Food and Nutrition Department at The Orchards at Southington provides fine dining services to residents who live in the 90 apartment community. Residents include seniors 55 and older who opt to be a part of a community that promotes their independent lifestyle. Fine dining at the Orchards at Southington provides the feel of being at your favorite restaurant every night with your favorite wait staff. We strive to go above and beyond to provide the best, fine dining experience, to our customers.
Prepares food according to selected menus, approved recipes and production sheets with knowledge of quantity cooking.
Completes the preparation of all food items in a timely manner and assure that all foods meet required serving temperatures.
Utilizes creativity in garnishing, decorating and developing new recipes.
Complies with stringent health, sanitation, safety , HACCP and food handling standards.
Adheres to quality and cost containment standards.
Reports to appropriate Food Services Manager
• Culinary Certification of Accreditation preferred.
• QFO (Qualified Food Operator Certificate) preferred or required within six months of employment.
• Minimum 2 years experience as a cook in a large volume institution preferred.
• Ability to read, speak English and follow recipes in a cost effective manner.
• Basic Math skills.
• Ability to operate institutional kitchen equipment.
• Quantity production experience preferred.
• Ability to tolerate lifting, pushing and pulling up to 80 pounds and long term standing.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment