Hartford HealthCare Corp.
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The story of Hartford HealthCare is the story of transformation – from a handful of disconnected organizations a decade ago to a unified system with a shared, value-based culture of accountability and innovation. The healthcare landscape has become highly competitive, with new players and disruptive technology and we are working to expand and create our system’s organizational, leadership, cultural, and talent capabilities to ensure Hartford HealthCare will always be the first choice of the people we serve.
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for data mining, analyzing, and accessing, organizing, formatting and presenting data for the purposes of supporting the Hartford HealthCare’s Quality Analytics department. The Senior Data Analyst will partner with other QA department team members and business owners in the development of analytic application solutions. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to the following:
• Collaborates with the Decision Support, Epic Reporting, Risk Management, and Quality and safety teams. In this capacity maintain access, organize and analyze information from these sources through the production of a self-service analytics application and or the generation and distribution of established monthly/quarterly report outputs.
• Accountabilities include data entry, report development, preparation and routine system management. Participates in planning and standardization of processes within the QA department. Also participates on organizational committees, teams, and projects for the hospital and Hartford Healthcare related to all aspects of performance improvement. Model and evaluate impact of medical and quality management activities across Hartford HealthCare using EPIC Caboodle data, EPSi cost accounting data, Premier Analytics, Epic HER Reporting, REDCap other quality databases.
• Partners with system quality and safety under the direction of the QA Manager to align priorities, deliverables and assist in the development of system-wide analytics and support for the organization around improvement initiatives, process improvement and data mining.
• Performs complex data analysis in support of customer requests. Responsible for data collection to identify baselines and process measures, management of report distribution on a regular basis and continuously recommends changes based on identified best practice. Turns data into information and proactively identifies opportunities based on that information. Possesses advanced presentation skills.
• Maintains high regard for the security, confidential and sensitive materials of the customer and/or patient health information at all times.
• Acts as a preceptor and mentor to the data analyst and future customers internally and externally. Attends appropriate in-service education/seminars to improve skills, within budgetary constraints. Observe all health and safety requirements.
Bachelors of Science Degree is required. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Management or related discipline preferred.
Five years recent experience in data analytics in an acute care setting.
Proficient in MS Office, EHR navigation, Premier, MS Project, Visual Basic. Expert in MS Office, MySQL, SQL Server. Proficient in Epic HER, Premier Quality Advisor/Physician Focus, Tableu, Visual Basic is preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.