Description Job Schedule:
Per Diem Standard Hours:
1 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
- Prepares sterile drug products (IV admixtures, chemotherapy, and TPN) and non-sterile drug products for inpatients and outpatients under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist and following established procedures, in order to ready the drug product for administration to the patient.
- Maintains accurate records of sterile and non-sterile products prepared, credits, charges, patient specific records, and other documentation as required either manually or through the computer to comply with regulatory requirements and ensure pharmacy information is readily available.
- May maintain the inventory of controlled drugs by ordering, packaging, counting and issuing controlled drugs in order to meet the regulatory mandates and insure availability of needed drugs.
- Monitors storage conditions for drugs and other pharmacy items through regular nursing unit inspections to ensure items are stored appropriately.
- Maintain inventories by ordering, stocking and/or rotating drugs and supplies, discarding expired drugs to ensure adequate supplies at all times in accordance with established department procedures.
- Demonstrates competencies, including, knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs.
- Review medications lists of patients being admitted for accuracy and completeness to facilitate medication reconciliation by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Works effectively as a team member within department and with customers to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
Currently enrolled in an accredited PharmD program
At least one clinical rotation in a hospital setting.
Licensure, Certification, Registration
Pharmacy Intern registration with Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection required by March 31st of each year.