Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Join us at Backus Hospital as we live our values every day. As part of Hartford HealthCare we create a better future for healthcare in Connecticut and beyond. By embodying these values we have become nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care. Come be part of something special!
For more than 118 years, Backus Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare services for much of Eastern Connecticut. We are home to the only trauma center in New London and Windham counties, and are the only area hospital with LIFE STAR helicopter services. We deliver and coordinate a continuum of high-quality healthcare with the goal of improving the health of our communities.
The Employee & Labor Relations Program Manager has primary responsibility for the management of employee and labor relations ensuring compliance for employee programs for the East Region of Hartford HealthcCare. Oversees the employee and labor relations activities according to established guidelines, union contracts and administrative practices in accordance with legal requirements. Responsible for developing, interpreting, managing and recommending policies, practices, and courses of action based on workforce trends. This role supports strategic planning for effective labor relations aligned with company objectives for the East Region.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management or closely related field with equivalent training and experience
• Minimum of eight to ten years’ experience in human resources six of which must have been in a responsible employee and labor relations role and 3 years in a supervisory role
• Mastery of labor relations needs and challenges related to a company’s collective bargaining agreement and business strategy
• Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of employee and labor relations principles, best practices, labor regulations, and unions.
• Excellent verbal and written communications and strong interpersonal communications
• Proficient in MS Office
Licensure, Certification, Registration: SHRM SPHR
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management, labor/industrial relations or business management. Master’s degree in HR management, Industrial/Labor Relations
• Minimum of eight to ten years’ experience in human resources eight of which must have been in a responsible employee and labor relations role and 5 years in a supervisory role.
• Experience in clinical practice, hospital, or health system.
• Specific skills, such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and leadership
• Strength in situation leadership, ethics, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and cultural competency
• Possess a strong foundation of knowledge in areas such as labor law and the collective bargaining process.
• Demonstrated process orientation skills and experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.