St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center is a 473-bed Magnet recognized community teaching hospital committed to continuing Christ’s healing ministry through its service to the greater Bridgeport, CT community. Our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Progressive Care Unit (PCU) are 14 and 15 bed units which care for many of the most acutely ill patients at the hospital. Patients on the units may be suffering from a wide variety of ailments across the medical and surgical spectrums, including open heart surgery, motor vehicle trauma, stroke and numerous other diagnoses. We provide personalized, compassionate care to our patients through teamwork, humility, and extensive knowledge; always focusing on optimal patient outcomes without compromising the safety of our team, patients or visitors.
This position will also help to support the 8 bed Cardiovascular Step-Down Unit.
• Manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of the ICU, PCU and Cardiovascular Step-Down Units
• Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
• Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and services. Evaluates factors related to safety, outcomes, effectiveness, cost and social impact when developing and implementing practice innovations.
• Provides leadership and direction to nursing unit staff and has 24 hour accountability ensuring all quality, financial, and service benchmarks as well as compliance with environmental care standards are met.
• Other responsibilities include budgeting, hiring, training, development and evaluation of staff.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.