St. Vincent's Medical Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 associates. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
•Installs, maintains and repairs power plant machinery and equipment.
• Installs, maintains and repairs power plant machinery and equipment.
• Monitors and maintains all power house equipment. Performs daily readings of various plant levels, pressures and temperatures and make adjustments as needed.
• Performs daily chemical tests on boilers, softeners and condensate return water and adjust chemical
feeds. Opens boilers annually for inspection and calibrates boiler fuel/air ratios.
• Responds to calls or alarms regarding problems in regulating temperature. Monitors electrical usage and
makes necessary changes.
• Removes and installs equipment as required including alignment of pumps and motors for service.
• OE2 license required
• Three years as Shift Engineer Operating and Maintaining High Pressure Steam Boilers, Chillers and Associated Equipment, Pumps, Emergency Generators and Other Plant Equipment.
• Technical and/pr Vocational School Training in a related field
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.