Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Per Diem
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
The Pathologist Assistant (PA) collaborates with Pathologists and Residents to perform surgical gross pro-section and intraoperative consultations to aid in diagnosis. Provides primary training to students in surgical gross techniques and intraoperative consultations.
No Autopsy Services
1. Performs surgical gross pro-section, and prepares intra-operative consultation preparations and makes gross description diagnosis and assessment of submitted tissues to aid in Pathologist’s diagnosis.
2. Manages the daily workflow of the surgical cutting rooms to ensure efficient and timely processing of surgical specimens.
3. Provides primary training/technical education/guidance/development and oversees performance of PA students, Pathology residents, and Allied Health students in surgical pathology techniques.
4. Monitors the quality of laboratory services provided to patients of Hartford Hospital and Connecticut Children’s Medical Center including participation in the quality assurance programs and plans of each institution.
5. Maintains the department photographic files and assists in photographic techniques in support of teaching conferences and other educational activities.
6. Promotes a continuous learning environment and participates in continuing education whenever possible.
7. Adheres to all Laboratory policies and procedures, including Compliance, HIPPA, CQI, OSHA, state licensing and accreditation guidelines. Reviews policy and procedure manuals on an annual basis.
9. Demonstrate organizational commitment. Participate in developing ideas to improve operations, policies and procedures and HHC business goals. Participates in projects, as assigned. Actively promotes HHC Values.
10. Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times. Consistently demonstrates flexibility and good judgment when making decisions. Confer with coworkers and supervisor as necessary.
11. Complete all required training and competencies on time.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
13. Engaged in H3W by actively and positively participating in work group meetings to improve processes, patient care, quality and satisfaction from identification of the areas for improvement to resolution.
Qualifications• Master’s Degree in Health Sciences, required.