Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of life.
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition services, including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to patients/residents. Ensures patient satisfaction, quality care, regulatory agency compliance, and good public relations are achieved through the safe and efficient use of resources.
- Assesses the nutritional status of patients/residents/customers and determines individualized nutrition care plan. Monitors effectiveness of nutrition care plan per standards of care. Coordinates nutritional care of patient with food services.
- Completes nutrition-focused physical exams (NFPE). Diagnoses and addresses malnutrition with appropriate nutrition care plan. Serves as expert on identifying and treating malnutrition. Educates other members of the health care team on malnutrition.
- Documents nutrition assessments, interventions, and follow-up care in the EMR according to policy. Tracks data related to patient caseload, complexity and time spent in indirect care activities.
- Provides nutrition education and outreach to the local community. Participates in hospital community nutrition education program. Develops nutrition education materials for community programs.
- Provides nutrition education to patients, students, staff, and community members as needed.
- Provides guidance, education, and direction to clinical dietetic technicians and food and nutrition employees, when appropriate. Orients, mentors and trains interns as applicable.
- Provides outpatient nutrition counseling and group classes to various patient populations.
- Participates in department and interdisciplinary projects to improve patient care, address patient safety, and identify operational efficiencies.
- Attends department and facility meetings, interdisciplinary rounds, and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition/Dietetics or related field
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Commission on Dietetic Registration);
- Must have Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist (CT Department of Public Health) within 90 days of hire
- Must achieve Registered Dietitian credential and request CDN within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Possesses necessary skills to effectively operate the hospital’s electronic medical record system.
- Ability to operate a standard computer, including basic use of MS applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of medical staff, healthcare professionals, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition or related field
- One year of work experience in clinical nutrition
- Additional languages a plus
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.