St. Vincent's Special Needs Center
Are you an HHC Employee? Click here to apply
DescriptionJob Schedule: Part Time
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Job Summary: Evaluates and treats patients requiring speech-language therapy.
• Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
• Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
• Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
• Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
• Communicates/documents information relevant to patient care to ensure. effective, efficient delivery of quality service, and maximum reimbursement for services.
• Demonstrates efficient utilization of products, supplies, equipment and time to ensure the timely completion of duties and promote the smooth operation of the department. Meets productivity targets.
• Actively employs established safety precautions and procedures in performance of job responsibilities in order to ensure a safe environment for patients, guests and co-workers.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist specializing in Speech Pathology/Audiology credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Certified Speech-Language Pathologist specializing in Speech Pathology/Audiology credentialed from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Education: Master’s Degree in Speech Therapy required from an accredited speech therapy program. and Previous related experience. Will consider new graduate.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.